I received a notice, what do I do?

We are able to help you respond to a federal or state notice you have received. To best serve you, these are the step you can take to make sure we are able to help you in a timely manner.

  • Identify the tax year in question. You can find this in the upper right corner of the first page of the notice, along with notice code and any information you may need to include on the cover letter should you decide to fax a response yourself.
  • What’s the deadline for responding? You can find this in the body of the letter on the first page.
  • Collect all supporting documents you may need to dispute. This can include receipts, transaction logs, and other tax documents from that tax year.
  • Can you respond?  Sometimes they are asking for verification of information submitted for that tax year. If so, you can fax or mail a copy of the document that is being requested to resolve the notice.

Send Us the Notice You Received

In order to help you, we need to review the notice. Please use one of the methods below to send the notice to your accountant’s office with your contact information and any supporting documents you have.


Mail us a copy of all pages of the notice to your accountant’s office.


1384 Broadway, 910

New York, NY 10018


2245 White Plains Road

Bronx, NY 10467


Fax us a copy of all pages of the notice to your accountant’s office and call to confirm we have received it.


(212) 247-0961


(718) 231-6210

Registered Representative of and securities offered through Innovation Partners, .llc, 5950 Fairview Road, Suite 140, Charlotte, NC, 28210, (704)708-5461. Member FINRA/SIPC. TaxMaster Financial Services is not affiliated with Innovation Partners, llc. For additional information, please visit FINRA BrokerCheck.

Innovation Partners, llc. (IPL), member FINRA /SIPC, and its affiliated insurance agencies offer securities, advisory services, and certain insurance products and are not affiliated with TaxMaster Financial Services. IPL does not provide tax or legal advice.


Innovation Partners llc. Privacy PolicyInnovation Partners Customer Relationship Summary

Important Consumer Information:

This site is for informational purposes only and is not intended to be a solicitation or offering of any security and;

1. Representatives of a broker-dealer ("BD") or investment advisor ("IA") may only conduct business in a state if the representatives and the BD or IA they represent (a) satisfy the qualification requirements of, and are approved to do business by, the state; or (b) are excluded or exempted from the state's licensure requirements.

2. Representatives of a BD or IA are deemed to conduct business in a state to the extent that they provide individualized responses to investor inquiries that involve (a) affecting, or attempting to affect, transactions in securities; or (b) rendering personalized investment advice for compensation.

Image Credit


We're not around right now. But you can send us an email and we'll get back to you, asap.


Log in with your credentials

Forgot your details?