What Documents Do I Need To Submit for My Returns?

The documents vary, depending on the person, and changes in their lives from one tax year to another. Below is a list of the kind of documents you may need to submit to your accountant to complete your return.


We prefer to receive clear copies of your documents. If you mail or bring us documents, we do not need your original documents. Please keep a copy. All of your documents are scanned into our system and returned to you when your taxes are complete.

Below is a list of the documents we need in order to accurately and completely file your tax returns. As the client, you are responsible for submitting correct documents and letting us know as soon as possible if you receive corrected tax documents in the mail.

  • Forms W-2 for wages, salaries, and tips.
  • All Forms 1099 for interest, dividends, retirement, miscellaneous income, unemployment compensation, nonemployee compensation, Social Security, state or local refunds, gambling winnings, etc.
  • Brokerage statements showing investment transactions for stocks, bonds, virtual currencies, etc.
  • Schedule K-1 showing income from partnerships, S corporations, estates and trusts.
  • Statements supporting educational expenses, deductions or distributions, including any Forms 1098-T, 1098-E, or 1099-Q.
  • Any tax notices sent to you by the IRS or other taxing authority.
  • All Forms 1095-A, 1095-B, and/or 1095-C related to health care coverage or the Premium Tax Credit.
  • Statements supporting deductions for mortgage interest, taxes, and charitable contributions (including any Form 1098-C).
  • Copies of closing statements regarding the sale or purchase of real property.
  • Legal papers for adoption, divorce, or separation involving custody of your dependent children.
  • A copy of your income tax return from last year, if not prepared by this office.
  • A valid drivers’ license or non-driver ID.
  • Your most recent banking account information, both the routing number and account number if you are filing with our office for the first time or updating your previous year’s information.
Registered Representative of and securities offered through Innovation Partners, .llc, 5950 Fairview Road, Suite 140, Charlotte, NC, 28210, (704)708-5461. Member FINRA/SIPC. TaxMaster Financial Services is not affiliated with Innovation Partners, llc. For additional information, please visit FINRA BrokerCheck.

Innovation Partners, llc. (IPL), member FINRA /SIPC, and its affiliated insurance agencies offer securities, advisory services, and certain insurance products and are not affiliated with TaxMaster Financial Services. IPL does not provide tax or legal advice.


Innovation Partners llc. Privacy PolicyInnovation Partners Customer Relationship Summary

Important Consumer Information:

This site is for informational purposes only and is not intended to be a solicitation or offering of any security and;

1. Representatives of a broker-dealer ("BD") or investment advisor ("IA") may only conduct business in a state if the representatives and the BD or IA they represent (a) satisfy the qualification requirements of, and are approved to do business by, the state; or (b) are excluded or exempted from the state's licensure requirements.

2. Representatives of a BD or IA are deemed to conduct business in a state to the extent that they provide individualized responses to investor inquiries that involve (a) affecting, or attempting to affect, transactions in securities; or (b) rendering personalized investment advice for compensation.

Image Credit


We're not around right now. But you can send us an email and we'll get back to you, asap.


Log in with your credentials

Forgot your details?

Skip to content